Starting a business is the most exciting thing for an entrepreneur. It keeps you on your toes when that excitement kicks in. Remember the first moment that you get your first idea to the moment you start making your first launch. Do you remember how happy and tense you had been? It is easy to cut up in the excitement and really forget about the foundation and fundamentals of running your successful business.
Today, we are highlighting for you the top common mistakes that we have come across that most entrepreneurs make. We know it comes with its ups and downs and in the midst of all this it’s possible to make mistakes that may affect the growth of your business in one way or another.
- Lack of a clear goal or vision – many entrepreneurs venture into a business industry without even having knowledge about it and then wonder why the business fails in a few months or years down the line. Many do not even know what they want to achieve with the business or even what it takes to achieve it. Achieving business success has a lot to do with you and one fundamental truth is that you have a goal or a vision.
We at DodilionSuccess will help you make clear short and long term goals for your business which help you scale your business. It is also very important to make sure your goals are clear to those who are working for you so that they know what you would like to achieve and how much effort they need to put into it to make it a success. DodilionSuccess will help you align your goals and make them achievable.
- Time – Spending more time on developing and less time on selling – this mistake is mostly done online. Do not focus all your time on producing quality products or perfecting your brand while doing very little marketing. This will kill your passion for your business.
Focus 50% of your time on your product or service and the other 50% on marketing. It doesn’t matter how great your product is, in order to get results you need to market it.
- Lack of enough funds – it’s a challenge to roll out your business without funds. However, for your business to earn revenue there are some basic things that we can’t get for free for example if you are planning to launch a company website it is not advisable to get a free domain. Typically, most entrepreneurs prefer free domains, yet in the long run, such things will disappoint you when you need them the most. In other words, you need to spend on the right things, so that it doesn’t cost you more in the end.
Instead of looking for free things, you can spend some time working on how to make your company profitable, so you can kick start your business on a good foundation. DodilionSuccess has tailored a program that will help you leverage your inner resources, team, ideas, visions, etc., so you can be in a good place to stand on your feet. You will also be able to pitch to your future investors and build confidence in your brand. We understand that no true success comes from nowhere, it needs the right action to be taken.
- Lack of patience – According to statistics, 80% of businesses fail because of lack of patience. Patience is a virtue and it will help your business grow and you have many great opportunities.
As an entrepreneur, you should have it in your mind that there’s no such thing as overnight success, even having said so, there are people who have succeeded in a very short period. However, they have practiced the mastery of being patient. Therefore, you need to learn to be patient as it is your ultimate key to your business success. This doesn’t mean to sit back and wait until something falls from the sky. Don’t lose hope in the process of waiting, you don’t know what life will brings for you as a reward for your patience. You need to take consistent actions, put yourself out there and leave the rest to the higher power.
- Money Mindset – many entrepreneurs start business without even the passion and are driven by money. This is a deadly mistake that has ‘claimed’ the lives of many businesses.
It is a big mistake to start a business and ignore your passion with the intention of merely making more money. I am passionate about DodilionSuccess, because we are transforming entrepreneurs from inside out and bringing impact to the world. This is what personally motivates me every morning to wake up and come to talk to you and write these post for you. I believe that your passion is your fuel, that makes you turn the impossible to be possible. We all have the urge to do multiple side hustles, when one takes time to go off the ground. First, you need to succeed in one and then start another on the side once the first one is going well. Therefore, I made a constant decision to stick with DodilionSuccess.
Money doesn’t fulfill you the way passion fulfills you. It can’t comfort you in the way the feeling of fulfillment can comfort you.
You can get your free 7 step guide on how to scale your business to the next level and how to make 6 figures and more for your business annually on our YouTube DodilionSuccess channel, you can find the link here. Scale Your Business To The Next Level
We would love to hear some more about you and what are your main challenges in your journey. Join the conversation today.
DodilionSuccess Loyalty Team.