It feels like it has been such a long time. To be honest, things have been running a little bit fast here. When things are going faster than we expect, we at DodilionSuccess have developed a culture of meditating so that we calm down our minds.
Meditation has been helpful in keeping my team and I focused, attentive, more peaceful, less worried and more appreciative about everything at work and even in our personal lives. We are not perfect but we have come such a long way.
Before I started meditating, I didn’t know what was going on in my head. Right now, I am more aware of what is going on because I understand myself and this has given me increased flexibility and freedom.
It is not easy when you start but you need to practice in order to get better. I have a few tips that I would recommend to you. Don’t get me wrong this tips aren’t for you to become and expert but they are just to help you in getting started and keep you going. You can implement one or two at a time then get back to this article and implement others until you have fully implemented all the tips.
- Sit still for two minutes. Well two minutes may seem crazily easy but getting your thoughts and mind still for two minutes isn’t quite that easy. So I suggest you start with two minutes and gradually increase your meditation time as you go by. Perhaps even by the second month you’ll be meditating for twenty minutes daily!
- Set a reminder. More often than not, we procrastinate stuff and forget what we were meant to do. I would suggest that you meditate every morning after you wake up. You can set a reminder on your phone or stick up a sticky note that says “MEDITATE”
- This is for the over thinkers; don’t get caught up in the ‘how’- rather just do it. It doesn’t have to be perfect when you start off, I just want to encourage you to do it. I usually insist on being comfortable as you meditate. Whether you are seated on your couch, lying flat on your bed, whatever position, just make sure you are comfortable and meditate.
- Focus on your breathing. Focus on how you are breathing and perhaps even count your breaths.
- Come back when you drift. You’ll notice that your mind will begin to wander, guaranteed. And there is absolute no problem with you doing that. So when you notice that you’ve drifted, turn your attention to your breathing and start counting when you breathe in and out. It’s frustrating but you’ll not be perfect for some time, be kind and patient with yourself until you get the hang of it.
- Follow guided meditation. If it is hard to discipline yourself or you would like a guide when it comes to meditation, it is great if you would follow through a guided meditation. When I am going through my game changer program with entrepreneurs, I guide them through meditation and they find it very helpful.
Meditation is not very easy nor it is peaceful, but it has amazing benefits and you can start today and continue for the rest of your life.
The DodilionSuccess Loyalty Team